Rough In

Users who are viewing this thread

steelcable97

Reaction score
I want to replace two toilets.

The rough in distances are 11in for the first, and 13 1/2 for the other.

I want to get an American Standard Cadet 3. Can I use a 12 inch rough in?

Thanks.

Krow

Plumber
Reaction score
The absolute minimum roughin to a finished wall for a cadet 3 is 11 1/4" (this will be very tight, but will fit)
. However, a good plumber will make an 11" roughin fit. You can steal/cheat from the bowl and tank installation

Johnnie_Rocket

Reaction score
The absolute minimum roughin to a finished wall for a cadet 3 is 11 1/4" (this will be very tight, but will fit)
. However, a good plumber will make an 11" roughin fit. You can steal/cheat from the bowl and tank installation

I've seen offset flanges in home stores that look like it sets the flange a little further (or closer) to the wall. Can this be a solution? I've used my new Cadet 3 a few more times and still like it but buyers should be aware of a potential for poor china build tolerance.

Last edited:

Krow

Plumber
Reaction score
I've seen offset flanges in home stores that look like it sets the flange a little further (or closer) to the wall. Can this be a solution? I've used my new Cadet 3 a few more times and still like it but buyers should be aware of a potential for poor china build tolerance.

Thats a possible solution, assuming you have access to the vertical part of the drain and you have enough depth/space between your new offset flange and the existing 90 degree fitting below the floor. This flange will allow you to gain up to 1 1/2"

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks