buying faucets online

Users who are viewing this thread

engharrison

Reaction score
Be very careful when buying faucets online. I just ordered 4 faucets for my bedroon/bathroom addition, and one came in with the wrong trim, and one came without the valve. When my contractor opened the box and couldn't find the valve, he went to a local plumbing store and bought a new faucet that loooked pretty close. Now that my faucet is over 30 days old, I can't return it to efaucets.com , and am out $181.00. Do yourself a favor and buy local!

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
A reputable online merchant would make good on the deal.

Even riskier is buying an unknown brand on E-Bay.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com

The problem with situations like yours, or even from a local company when the box has a brick in it instead of a faucet, is that you have no proof that it was like that when you opened it. For all they know you took the item and are trying to scam them.

mporterf

Reaction score
Hot tub online?

Has anyone had any issues with buying a hot tub online?

Sjsmithjr

In the Trades
Reaction score
Idiot Fit

Although I know better, I too ordered a faucet (the wife really liked it) from eFaucets. They had it drop shipped from someone else. It too arrived with missing parts and wrong parts. It was poorly packaged; I would describe the overall appearance as "shop worn". I returned it, with an RMA, within the 30 day window. I was out shipping, return shipping, and a 15% restocking fee. What a deal!

These same guys also sell door hardware, lighting fixtures, etc. under various names.

Now I have her show me a picture of what she's found on the web and I go find someone local that sells the same or a similar product. I've never arrived home with a brick in a box that way, but if I did, I bet my chances of getting a refund or exchange would be pretty good.

Live and learn,

Sam

Last edited:

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
What I always tell my customers......

I usually try to hint the the male member of the family
that its better to just let me bring a couple of DELTA
faucets for them to choose from when they need just an
average faucet.. like in the kitchen...........

I usually tell the husband that if his wife gets on
line and sees some special DELTA SS Nickle..
single handle pull out kitchen faucet with the vibrateing spray head.

its gonna cost him at least another $300 -$500 bucks to make her happy.

he will live to regret it...

edwardh3

Reaction score
On line

I went to the plumbing store locally to get a Grohe faucet and they said we have to order it- I went home and ordered it myself much cheaper - using it 8 years now- a good faucet

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
brick

There was a story in the paper a couple of days ago about someone who purchased a printer at Best Buy and when they got it home and opened it there were just enough bricks to make it weigh properly. Best Buy refused to do anything about it because, as I said, they did not know if that customer was actually the one who did it because they did not see him open the box. That is not the only time i have heard of this happening.

Sjsmithjr

In the Trades
Reaction score
Ahh, "the customer is always guilty" business model. Unless one party or the other decides to roll over, the incident in question is going to lead to someone have a very bad day.

-Sam

Wraujr

Reaction score
Look for original package seals

In our area, husband buys camcorder for wife at Best Buy for Christmas. On Christmas day wife opens box to find someone elses old camcorder. They had bought new and returned it with old unit in box (not even same model). Best Buy refused to take back.

Moral: Never buy open box items. If you do, open box at store and confirm contents.

mporterf

Reaction score
what about the tub itself.

What about buying a hot tub on line. I have found a tub that is almost 1/2 price and looks to be the same type.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Need I say more?

craps-1.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks