Any Good Toilets Out There?

Users who are viewing this thread

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Most of the regulars here lean toward the Toto line. Not a bad toilet in the lot, some are quite pricey but they all perform well. Most shy away of Kohler although some models seem to work OK. HD has an American Standard Cadet 3 that also seems to work well. Beware of the Big Box toilets. Most are builder models that are cheap, but don't perform well at all.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I'd agree to getting a Toto! Toto is not sold in big box stores!
http://www.totousa.com/dealerlocator.asp

The Cadet 3 has many people claiming its so good, but, Am. Std. has me so burned out on their quality issues and I'm still waiting to feel better about them before I jump on the band wagon. They really need a whole bunch of "Attaboys" to make up for all the "Ahh S**ts" they have given me.

These pics from a post earlier today shows what I'm talking about when it comes to Am.Std. quality...

attachment.php

attachment.php

A cockeyed Cadet 3! Does Am. Std. Have quality control inspectors?

Last edited:

Krow

Plumber
Reaction score
A cockeyed Cadet 3! Does Am. Std. Have quality control inspectors?

If you consider walking into the plant with a 40 pounder of gin, quality control,.......................... then yes they have lots of it:p

Last edited:

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I was thinking where they are manufactured it might be more like a left handed cigarette and a bottle of tequila!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks