TOTO Nexus tank wobbles...

Users who are viewing this thread

Bjferri

DoD Army
Reaction score
I completed my Nexus installation - very easy. The only question I have is the tank seems to float via the tank to bowl gasket. It's bolted down tightly but the china still does not touch - is it suppose to? The tank is 1.5" away from the wall and I suppose I can put something between the wall and tank so it doesn't wobble. Terry sent me a picture of his and his gap seemed a bit smaller but his seemed to float too. I love the toilet but this appears a bit odd. Any suggestions?

4thGenerationPlumber

In the Trades
Reaction score
Hi Brian,

The only product we've found at our shop to fill this gap is the toilet tank stabilizer by tank truss. Before this we had been making things up to put behind the tank and filling the gap. The product is affordable and simple to install.

John - Roger Vadnais Plumbing & Heating

Last edited:

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Okay, seeing a pattern here.

Not sure every thread involving how to properly-install a tank needs a Tank Truss advertisement in it.

I also don't see a particular need to "fill the gap" if the tank is properly-installed.

Wptski

Retired Machine Repairman
Reaction score
A well fitted block of wood would serve as well. Of course anything like this only stops movement in one direction or toward the wall.

4thGenerationPlumber

In the Trades
Reaction score
The tank truss product that i'm showing here is actually something that we fully endorse at our shop - We've seen up to a 1 million dollar insurance claim from someone leaning on the back and cracking the tank. They left town, and flooded their mansion. Granted not everyone needs this but we install them on most tanks we repair or install as a cheap fail safe. John - Roger Vadnais Plumbing and Heating

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks