Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
kit-parts-with-PV.jpg

FLU6222_2-EN-Obsolete-Changeout-Kits2.jpg

If you have a tank like this, the best place for repair parts would be Sloan Flushmate.
They have a replacement that fits into the existing tank.​

http://www.flushmate.com/changeout.asp

Last edited by a moderator:

m3rdpwr

Reaction score
I have the Eljer PF2 that I bought 5 years ago from HD.

When I first installed it, I had some troubles, but a quick call to PF2 and I was all set.

Recently, I had some bathroom work done.
When the toilet was re-installed, I started hearing some internal drip noises.
Also, if the toilet went several hours of not being flushed, it wouldn't have as much flush power.

So, at this point I have to decide whether or not to swap out the PF2 with the flushmate kit or not.

I think I paid $225 for the toilet and seat 5 years ago.
In fact, I didn't know it was a pressure assisted model until I took it out of the box. But, I will say I have never had a clog.

I'm on the fence about this, but I think the Flushmate M-101526-F3EK is my best choice, but does come in around $140.

I guess I have some decisions to make...

-Mario

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
The orignal company who made the PF/2 Energizer was bought up, then that company was bought up by Sloan, who continued the product for a very short time, only as long as it took to get the replacement kit into production.

That is what you need to get. As far as I have been able to find, there are no replacement parts available anywhere for the PF/2 itself.

eljer_pf2_inside_tank.jpg

m3rdpwr

Reaction score
Yeah, thanks, I know.

I was debating a gravity toilet, but HD and Lowes don't have the best stuff out there.

That's why I'm willing to pay the money to get this loud flushing toilet built. hehe

When I had the bathroom re-done, I had all wall's insulated to help deaden the noise from the other rooms... :)

Thanks...

-Mario

P.S. I noticed that pic in the original post is showing now.
Perhaps you fixed it...

The orignal company who made the PF/2 Energizer was bought up, then that company was bought up by Sloan, who continued the product for a very short time, only as long as it took to get the replacement kit into production.

That is what you need to get. As far as I have been able to find, there are no replacement parts available anywhere for the PF/2 itself.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Option A is go wild on the net and maybe find a part on someones shelf collecting dust only to revisit the parts problem again down the road with even less parts on shelves collecting dust....

Option B is to upgrade to the Sloan Flushmate...

Option C is just replace the toilet with a good "Gravity Flush" toilet like a Toto.

Your pick!

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
I have a Sloan flushmate toilet, since 1992. We love it. Nice big water spot, good bowl wash, reliable. Yes, loud. In our case....just the two of us....we don't care! But noise can be a legitimate issue, and a Toto, or American Standard Cadet 3 , or Kohler Cimarron, are among the good performing gravity toilets.

m3rdpwr

Reaction score
My repair of a PF-2 toilet is a new toilet.

Heh

It would have been great to have had a new one waiting when they finished the bathroom work.

However, the toilet is now re-installed and the dumpster was hauled away a couple days ago.

I didn't tile the walls in the new bathroom and now notice the toilet splashes water on the painted walls.

That is a bit of annoyance since I used laytex paint and the water clearly causes paint to soften and stain...

-Mario

Scott

Flushmate
Reaction score
Website
www.flushmate.com
The original company who made the PF/2 Energizer was bought up, then that company was bought up by Sloan, who continued the product for a very short time, only as long as it took to get the replacement kit into production.

For clarification, Sloan isn't and never was connected with PF/2 or its seemingly endless stream of owners in any way; they simply packaged a "drop-in" replacement kit when Chicago Faucet discontinued the PF/2.

Mad Plumber

Mad Skills
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
yea my PF/2 i had a few problims and had to replce the acuatore 3 times. now after sevral years i ges PF/2 out of bizniss soo no get parts for. i thinking on getting replacment tank flushmate for it>does it woar as good? or better? it not verry cost efective but worthy it for me in long runn for no plugg ups. LOL. i still remember old 3gal toilets they not half the problimes the newer ones have>hence the water resorceses equality? LOL. still you give good advice. i live out in boondys of small town McCleary and have septick. soo yea i not wont to much water in my sep tank. and charged lots for well usage too. right now my problim is the intake valve leaking on my PF/2 i not see parts for it any more i might get flushmate replacment>$123.75 not including S&H or tax.>exspensive though!!

thank you.
Glen H

link added by Terry

http://www.eflushmate.com/FP/category/PF2Master.html

m3rdpwr

Reaction score
I bought mine a year or two ago.
Install is simple and it works no differently.
Sloan does have a good warranty and tech staff as I contacted them with a problem which turned out to be something else.

My daughter or wife dropped something in the toilet and flushed it. Never told me, so I thought it was a plumbing stack issue and called a plumber.
Plumbers had to smash through whatever object was jammed in the throat.
Had I known that, I could have pulled the toilet and did it myself isntead of the $158 plumber bill.
But, I digress. :)

Nancy E Finn

Reaction score
03 PF2-Model 150-403 Eljer Water Saver toilet

Toilet is 10 years old.
The chain was replaced in 09.
Problem is that it won't flush( will replace the chain again on Tues). I flushed it manually, then it would not shut off. I held in where the spring is to activate the flush, then the toilet stopped.

Usually I can fix the toilet myself.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks