Polishing marble spot to original shine

Users who are viewing this thread

bobbobwhite

Reaction score
Wife used steel wool(Jeez) to try to get a mark off a marble countertop, now it has a 2" circle with no shine. How can I restore the original shine? Would extra fine pumice do it? Or rottenstone? Jeweler's rouge on a cloth buffing wheel? Don't have any marble to experiment on so do not want to make it worse by trying different things that won't work right.

Thanks for an informed answer.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
You may never get it back, but wet sandpaper used often on car finishes in finer and finer grits will help. You might want to go up to 2000 grit, depends on how shiney the original stuff was. I'd stay away from power tools - first, ones that can be used wet are expensive (compared to homeowners versions), and it would be easy to go too far.

Check out www.johnbridge.com. They have a restoration section on tile (even if this is slab, it would be the same for a marble tile).

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks