WHO report on danger of drinking RO water

Users who are viewing this thread

Alternety

Like an engineer
Reaction score
I always put the idea of drinking water without minerals causing harm and up there with cow magnets. Particularly when looking at some of the products touting their solution. However, I ran across this report from the World Health Organization. It says drinking and cooking with demineralized water is bad for you. Can be quite bad.

http://www.who.int/water_sanitation_health/dwq/nutdemineralized.pdf

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Oh yes, I have known that for a long time. Which is why I do not drink battery water.

But the million dollar question I have never found the answer to is why do manufacturers of electric irons say quite explicitly that you should not used distilled water in their steam irons, when I have done so for years quite successfully to avoid them furring up?

Alternety

Like an engineer
Reaction score
My guess is that distilled water is quite aggressive and may erode the insides of the iron.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks