Pressure loop

Users who are viewing this thread

jpiazza

Reaction score
Hi. I've seen two diagrams on how to pipe a pressure balancing loop for three body sprays. One has the outlets all on one side of the loop with the inlet on the other side and the other has the outlets in the middle with the loop shaped like a figure 8. Is there a difference with these two designs? Also does it matter where the inlet comes into the loop? Does it have to come in pretty close to center of the loop or can it come into it from anywhere in the loop say at the top next to the first outlet. Thanks in advance.

jpiazza

Reaction score
So what's all the fuss over this loop? How should it be piped? The system has a shower head, a hand held and 3 body sprays.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Usually the manufacturer of these foo-foo systems provide recommendations about how to install. Check with the dealer where you bought this stuff for help on that, or contact the manufacturer directly. They may even have it on a website.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
loop

Hydraulic pressures do not care about "loops" all they have to worry about is relative distances above the floor because that is what makes a difference and a loop does not do anything to change that. I install a tee in the middle and pipe up and down to the heads, but it is just cosmetic because any other arrangement would work just the same.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks