Flush problem with URC two piece 1.5 toilet part# 4490/4481

Users who are viewing this thread

bearbacker82

Reaction score
My house was built in 1995 and has three URC 1.5 gal two piece toilets in it. Up until the last year these toilets worked fine. However now they have begun to have problems flushing solids. Any substantial amount and you will be plunging or snaking. I have tried the trick of putting dish soap in the toilet when it stops up and that sometimes works. The toilet shows a manufacture date of 1994. I have looked and it soes not have a hole in the bottom of the toilet. One of the toilets I have had up and there is no obstruction after the waste leaves the toilet. It is clogging in the toilet.

Is this an indicator that they need to be replaced or am I missing something simple that would solve this problem?

Thanks

Bearbacker 82, Austin, Tx

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Make sure that the tank is filling to the proper level.

Make sure the flapper is in good condition and replace it if needed.

Thake a piece of coathanger wire and poke it into each of the holes under the rim inside the bowl of the toilet. Make sure that they are all open for water to flow through them.

If you use blue glop in tank bowl cleaner remove it from the tank immediately.

If these steps don't do the trick you may just want to install a nice new Toto Drake...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks