Any backflow inspectors in the House?

Users who are viewing this thread

Ed the Plumber

Reaction score
I was just wondering how many certified backflow inspectors were hanging around on this board? I just became one this past year.

Mikept

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I assume you were a certified forwardflow inspector first?

And Whats your opinion on dishwasher air gaps?

Tbplumbloco

Reaction score
After procrastinating for too many years just became certified in OHIO,looking for a good used tester.

Ed the Plumber

Reaction score
I might hold off on buying any used testing devices until the "powers that be" decide whether the brass in the old testing valves is a safe method. Or that could be a big nasty rumor I came across? anyone else heard of a conflict in material used in the testing devices?

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
If you're in Ohio, computer gauges only.

In KY you can use either, computer or mechanical.

Personally, for the sake of frustration and ease of use, I'd be buying a computer type gauge if it's used in your state.

Buying used is a huge mistake; don't know if it was dropped, properly calibrated in the required timed intervals and if the setup was exposed to harsh weather conditions.

Bite the bullet and buy new go for the brand names; I get the DW&BP magazine from IAPMO regularly and lots of people want a piece of that industry making gauges.

The computer gauges operates 10 to 1 easier, does a printout and makes for easy work to test.

I personally haven't tested in years but I keep my hours up yearly and went after the license for the knowledge base solely.

Hopefully someday the state of KY will enact a provision that every licensed journeyman in KY must have a backflow certification. Plumbing is not a one directional flow system, like it's initial design is built to be.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks