Pipe to Shower Arm Drop Fitting

Users who are viewing this thread

jacksmith7

Reaction score
I'm installing a bathroom with shower in my basement. With the faucet pulled tight against the wall of the fiberglass shower unit, the pipe going to the shower head is not plumb. Between the faucet and the top of the pipe, it leans back (away from the shower wall) about 3/4".

I could leave it this way, which would cause the shower head pipe to be a little out of level, or I could cut the pipe and use a series of fittings to connect the lower out-of-plumb end with the upper end that would be held plumb. What would you do?

RioHyde

Plumber
Reaction score
If the wall isnt covered up, I'd move the backing my drop ear ell is screwed to. If I couldnt do that, I'd offset it.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
riser

Go straight up. You are not likely to notice the slight angle of the shower arm. 3/4" on the 4' shower riser equals about 3/32" off level on a 6" shower arm.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks