Air Jet Tub Recommendations?

Users who are viewing this thread

Flannery

Reaction score
Hello, we're doing a remodel on our bathroom and want to include an air jet tub. However, I've spent two days going cross-eyed looking at how many there are on the market these days.

Does anyone have any suggestions/recommendations for brand and/or for things I should consider as essential in my search? Any personal experiences with any of the brands?

Thanks for any assistance you can give.
Flannery

SRdenny

Plumbing Contractor
Reaction score
Bain Ulta makes a good one. Their customer service/tech support is pretty good as well.

carlb

Reaction score
I looked at Bain and it seemed too expensive, especially the tubs with the most features hitting the $4000 point. I would guess it would get used 12 to 24 times per year max, current tub use is about 2 times per year.

So I had the bath remodeler quote a normal tub. He quoted a Jacuzzi Amiga. I noticed they had an Air version and he quoted that at about $1200 more.

I wanted a larger then 5-1/2' to 6' one-person tub that would not take an excessive amount of water to fill so that I would hope to use it more. I wanted air and not whirlpool. The Amiga seems like it had many of the comfort things that looked good. Bubble "V" behind the back. Contoured heated back, arm rests, heated air. Does not have a raised seat.

Sorry that I can't give you any personal experience yet as it will not be installed until next week and the bath not done for 3 weeks. I'll try to remember to post back to this thread.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
My local showroom carries Bane-Ultra, Jason International (a Jacuzzi brother that started his own company), and I think, Toto. I ended up with a Jason 6' air tub.

M3

Reaction score
I went through the same senario... I'm on my second bath now. Depending on the size you need, and costs, I put a Kohler Bancroft 5' in my main bath for $1100 and it is really nice. Small but nice - great air massage and easy to install.

On my current project (the wife wanted a "retreat") so we spent the extra cash and went with the Bain Ultra Azur 55. I've sat in it (not installed yet) and Ohhh it is comfy. It really wasn't that bad for costs $1800 + we added $400 for the "Chromatherapy". I also echo that their customer service is outstanding! They will walk you through just about everything. The cool thing about the Bain is that you can also remote mount the blower out of the room (within certain perameters).

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
With air tubs, it is fairly easy to remote the air turbine. They all have similar options and may actually be supplied by the same people. Keep in mind that the further away the turbine is, the cooler the air coming into the tub will get. They talk about heated air...well, it is heated by the process of compressing it, not by a separate heating coil like optional in a water jetted system. Since air isn't as dense, it doesn't hold as much heat, and can cool off more if the added duct is very long or goes through unheated space. For optimal use, the turbine should be in an area that is at least 70-degrees F.

rtwill

Reaction score
I have had nothing but problems with my BainUltra jet tub. My tub would turn on randomly throughout the night, so I would be in bed and hear air rushing from the tub in the middle of the night. Within a year of installation the lights on the keypad stopped functioning. Called their customer service department and they will not honor their warranty. Apparently their electronics and keypads are poorly constructed. The BainUltra employee I spoke to suggested I replace the tub altogether.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks