1957 home tube drain replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

hern615

Reaction score
:confused: Hi Folks,
My home was built in 1957 and the tube drain needs replaced. This area is very hard to get to...I only have a very small door outside the house--where you can only stick one arm inside, but can't see what you are doing. I can not access the pipes from inside the house, unless I cut a big hole in the drywall thru the master bedroom.
This tub drain is in extremely need of replacement. Is there an easy way to do this without. Iam pretty savy about home improvement, but thison has got me stump!!
Any help wil be appreciate it...
Thanks
hern615

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
When you say the drain need to be replaced....what part of it is bad??

The flange on the bottom of the tub, and the overflow plate at the backside, can both be replaced from inside the tub. No access underneath is needed.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
drain

Plumbers work on things everyday where they can either see it or touch it, but not both at the same time. If you cannot work by feel then you need a plumber to do it.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Time for my Dirty Harry quote: " A man has to know his limitations." Here's a good example of when it is time to realize you are in over your head and get professional help.:)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks