Leaking tub tap.

Users who are viewing this thread

meggie

Reaction score
I recently changed the taps on the upstairs bathroom tub. Now when I turn the taps on water leaks down the wall in my daughters downstairs bedroom. I'm assuming that the leak is in the spout connection? Does this mean I have to remove the wall and change the pipes? HELP Meggie:eek:

Krow

Plumber
Reaction score
Exhaust every possibility before you start opening up walls.

I would try checking for any possible leaks within the spout. See if chaulking tiles or any holes in the tile are possible places that water can get into, including behind the spout.

meggie

Reaction score
I've done that allready :(. Since it didn't leak before and now only leaks when the taps are turned on (either tap) I'm guessing that the old pipes (over 30 ) have cracked or broken when I tightened the new spout? :confused:

Krow

Plumber
Reaction score
It would be to your advantage to open the wall on the opposite side of the bathroom to make any repairs

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks