Body Sprays in Shower

Users who are viewing this thread

Frankie

Reaction score
I am remodeling our bathroom and am installing one of those multi-function shower fixtures. My question deals with the body sprays. I am installing 6 body spays total. I have a thermostatic valve and a 3-way diverter with 1/2 inch. inputs. With 6 body sprays, I have concerns about layout and there being enough water pressure to power all 6 body sprays at once. All pictures and diagrams I see show only a maximum of 3 body sprays and they are in a vertical position. My wife and I would like to install 2 body sprays to the right of the thermostatic valve and diverter in a vertical position, 2 to the left of the therm. valve and diverter in a vertical position, and 2 on the back wall in a vertical position. Is this position layout possible and will there be enough pressure to feed all 6 sprays at once? If not, any advice is greatly appreciated as to how I can make this work.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Read the valves flow rates at the available pressure you have...1/2" probably isn't enough. Body sprays often aren't the same as a showerhead (limited to 2.5gpm), but can be in the order of 1-2gpm. Add up everything you want, compare to the valve's capacity and you may find 3/4" inputs may be required, not counting the huge WH requirements.

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
Six Body Spray Heads - Balancing Loop

Great Question.

I recently tried to wrap my head around a six body jets system.

Last edited:

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
If it helps anyone I started another discussion on this same subject. Hoping the original poster might get an email flag and share with us his/her feedback.

Once I finalize the layout I'll showcase how I pipe these six body jets together.

New discussion on Body Jets Placement here

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks