(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Can this happen?

Threaded View

  1. #1

    Default Can this happen?

    Anyone ever hear of this? Can this happen? I don't use these but...


    Received from a friend who is in the insurance
    property business. It is well worth reading.

    The original message was
    written by a lady whose brother and wife learned a
    hard lesson this past week.

    Their house burnt down.. nothing left but ashes.
    They have good insurance so the house will be
    replaced and most of the contents. That is the good
    news.
    However, they were sick when they found out the
    cause of the fire. The insurance investigator
    sifted through the ashes for several hours. He had
    the cause of the fire traced to the master
    bathroom.
    He asked her sister-in-law what she had plugged in
    the bathroom. She listed the normal
    things....curling iron, blow dryer.
    He kept saying to her, 'No, this would be something
    that would disintegrate at high temperatures'. Then
    her sister-in-law remembered she had a Glade
    Plug-In, in the bathroom.

    The investigator had one of those 'Aha' moments. He
    said that was the cause of the fire. He said he has
    seen more house fires started with the plug-in type
    room fresheners than anything else. He said the
    plastic they are made from is THIN. He also said
    that in every case there was nothing left to prove
    that it even existed.

    When the investigator looked in the wall plug, the
    two prongs left from the plug-in were still in
    there.

    Her sister-in-law had one of the plug-ins that had a
    small night light built in it. She said she had
    noticed that the light would dim and then finally
    go out. She would walk in to the bathroom a few
    hours later, and the light would be back on again.

    The investigator said that the unit was getting
    too hot, and would dim and go out
    rather than just blow the light bulb. Once it cooled
    down it would come back on. That is a warning sign

    The investigator said he personally wouldn't have
    any type of plug in fragrance device anywhere in
    his house. He has seen too many places that have
    been burned down due to them.
    Last edited by Cookie; 07-31-2009 at 04:36 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •