Kohler K-4854 Bidet- Anyone ever install one of these?

Users who are viewing this thread

Canton

Plumber
Reaction score
I have a client that wants to install a new bidet , and this is a newly finished bathroom in a new condo complex, he is closing on the place and would like it done before he moves in. I wondering if anyone has installed a Kohler bidet and how difficult it was?
No pun intended but I hear they're a pain in the @@.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
With most stand alone bidets, they connect with a lav p-trap. The drain is like a lav 1-1/4" tailpiece.
The faucet, is like a lav faucet as far as connections.

You would have to double check the specs, to see if the p-trap can come from the wall, or if it needs to be below the floor.
The water supplies normally come from the wall with standard shutoffs.

Canton

Plumber
Reaction score
You are correct sir.

Actually you can come out from the wall or below the floor.
Thanks
With most stand alone bidets, they connect with a lav p-trap. The drain is like a lav 1-1/4" tailpiece.
The faucet, is like a lav faucet as far as connections.

You would have to double check the specs, to see if the p-trap can come from the wall, or if it needs to be below the floor.
The water supplies normally come from the wall with standard shutoffs.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks