Whirlpool heater?

Users who are viewing this thread

mattt19

Reaction score
I'm picking out a whirlpool for my bathroom. One of the options is a heater for the tub. Would you consider this a mandatory item? Do most of the tubs you install have a heater or not? It almost doubles the cost of the tub, so I'm wondering if it's needed or not?

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
I don't have a whirlpool, so this is based on observation, not experience:

Assuming you want to spend a little soaking time in that fancy new tub, without the heater I believe the water cools too fast for comfort. Spring for the heater.

Statjunk

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Without a doubt get the heater. You'll be sorry if you don't.

Tom

mattt19

Reaction score
I was wrong, getting the heater adds about $400 to the price. As we go along, renovating our bathroom, the budget is creeping up. I'm trying to keep it under control and this was just one more addition to the budget. Thanks for the replys.

Matt

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Keep in mind it probably also requires an additional circuit breaker and wiring too. Copper these days is pretty expensive. If you like long soaks, it can be worth it. It probably can be added later - make sure you have a good access panel, and maybe leave a good piece of string in the wall to pull a new wire if it comes to that.

gt6mk31

Reaction score
I have spent well over an hour in our jet tub with it running as high as it will go and the water stays hot. I like super hot water. Don't spend the money on the heater, its not necessary. (We have 72 x 36 tub)

Also, if it cools down a little you can add a lot of hot water for $400 + extra installation cost + cost of electricity to run the heater.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks