(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Toto Gmax vs Double Cyclone & White Color Match with Kohler Bathtub

Default Toto Gmax vs Double Cyclone & White Color Match with Kohler Bathtub

I just got done reading all the forum posts about Toto toilets on your website. Thanks for providing all this information and feedback from others. It is a great help as I am about to replace two toilets (and I have two teenage boys who are very hard on the toilet!). I was also told about the Kohler Cimarron as well as the Toto Drake and after reading your website it is clear that the Toto Drake is the way to go. I have three questions, first I would like your opinion between the Drake and the Soiree models (Gmax vs Double Cyclone), second does the Drake come with with the Sanagloss finish, and third, a question I did not see anyone else ask.....I have selected a Kohler Devonshire soaking tub in the white color. Will Kohler's white finish match the cotton white on a Toto product? I was told that if you choose different manufacturer's for tub/toilet that the "white" color may not match exactly. Thanks for your help.

Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The Drake comes in a Sanagloss model, CST744SG-01
    The Soiree comes with Sanagloss, and have a better rinse.
    The Kohler white and the Cotton white, are a little different.
    The Kohler White is the darker of the two.

Default Gmax vs Double Cyclone technology, appearance of two different whites (kohler, toto)

What about the Gmax (Drake) vs the Double Cyclone (Soiree) technology? Is there a big difference? I was told the Soiree was Gmax with the addition of the double cyclone, is this accurate?

(Pretty much from what I can see, Terry)

Will Toto white (toilet) look ok with the Kohler white (bathtub)?

(Should be fine, I sell a lot of Toto Cotton to go with Kohler, it's very close)

Thanks
    Last edited by Terry; 03-04-2008 at 02:55 PM.

Default colors

ANYTIME you mix materials; acrylic, china, cast iron, their colors will vary even within the same manufacturer. Cast iron being darker than china, a white bath tub will be darker than a china sink or toilet, so mixing the two manufacturers will probably result in a variation of shade, but since the plane of a surface also affects the color, I doubt that you would notice it to any great extent, if at all.

Default Grams Soiree or Guinevere VS Gerber Ultraflush?

We also have a family member who is notorious for clogging toilets worldwide. Could any please tell me what are the MAP ratings for the Soiree and/or Guievere? I couldn't find them on the chart. When I called Toto's technical support they said that they don't share their grams information and that I would need to get it from an outside source. My local plumbing supply which is a Gold Toto dealer sugested that I use Toto's in 2 of the 3 baths and the Gerber Ultraflush for where this person will be doing their business.
    Last edited by Terry; 04-07-2009 at 08:23 PM.

Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If you have a world class pluger, than put in a Caroma toilet.
    They are a bit splashy, but the trapway is large.

The pressure assist still has a 2" trapway, the Caroma is 3" or larger
    I know that Caroma says 4", but it is oblong as it goes up.