Push 'n Go Fittings?

Users who are viewing this thread

InspectorGadget

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone has used a new product called Push 'n Go? They are available for sale here in Wisconsin at Menards which is a regional home improvement store.

The manufacturer says that these fittings can be used to join dis-similar plumbing materials together (Copper, PEX, CPVC). The fittings are extremely expensive for plumbing fittings ($8-$10 per fitting). Obviously, I do not plan to plumb the entire house with them but they may come in handy in a tight spot. Also, these fittings can be removed and reused after installation in case you made a mistake and need to make changes.

The engineering of the fittings is similar to what you find in a push-on style bathtub spout. There are a couple of o-rings inside the fitting and some locking clips that hold the pipe in place. While I was in the store, I test fit some of these fittings to some copper and CPVC and they seem to make a pretty secure dry connection. I have no idea if they will hold up under pressure or heat or both.

Anyone used it?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
fittings

If you are referring to John Guest fittings, I have never seen them in anything larger than 3/8" o.d.

push-38-by-38-od.jpg

Clayton

Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I also didn't know John Guest had fittings for anything larger than 3/8", until I went to a tradeshow last month where they had fittings up through 3/4". My supplier recently started stocking a fitting called "shark bite" from Cash Acme in 1/2" and 3/4" that are very similar to the John Guest fittings. Never heard of the Push 'n Go fittings, but like the Jouh Guest and Shark Bite fittings they probably have their place in the plumbing industry. Although I don't even know what approvals the larger 1/2" and 3/4" fittings have for use in a water distribution or supply systems, I feel they are marketed more to the DIYer who may have limited plumbing skills or lack the equipment or tools required for a more professional connection or installation of specific piping material. Of course most people know the smaller fittings already have their place in appliances and water filtration systems just to name a couple.

InspectorGadget

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback.

I did some research on John Guest fittings and they do indeed look very similar to the Push 'n Go fittings. Push 'n Go is available in 1/2 and 3/4 inch sizes as well as some specialty fittings for icemakers and humidifiers.

Has anyone used them in sizes larger than 3/8?

Do the 3/8 connections hold up well over time?

If they work well at 3/8 is there any reason why they would not work well at 3/4?

I currently have a compression coupling in the place that I was going to put this new fitting. Would I be better off just sticking with the compression fitting?

Olivia54984

Reaction score
Push 'N Go

Used then in a shower install (1/2"). Don't seem to connect and NOT leak with CPVC...worked fine connecting to brass diverter and PEX.

Cal

In the Trades
Reaction score
I have used several of these shark bite fittings over the last several months.Have been very happy with them ! Would I do a large job with them ,,,,NO . Used 'em on a couple of Ploy B. leaks that needed spliced or they make a tee that works well under a kitchen sink for an added item . 1/2" & 3/4" have both worked well .

sharkbite-ball-valve.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
Used on Chilipepper appliance?

I just bought a Chilipepper on-demand circulating hot-water pump to try. It uses white Nylon fittings they refer to as "push-on" fittings, but I don't see any manufacturer's markings on them. I could probably find a replacement T fitting, but the fittings on the pump itself look to be permanent. Am I going to walk in the kitchen one day and get my feet wet, I wonder? Should I use anything like silicone gasket grease on the tubing/O-rings?

These do not appear to be John Guest "Speedfit" fittings. There's no ferrule -- you just shove the tubing into the fitting, where an O-ring seals it and an internal barb-thing grabs it. I'll have a closer look at them tonight and maybe send a picture or 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks