Shower glass problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Ingeborgdot

Reaction score
I live in a smaller community and getting things is not always an easy task. Any way my plumber order my shower which is a corner shower for me and for a good price. Now he can seem to find the frameless glass that we want with it. He has some people looking but a shower is no good without glass if you know what I mean.
He got the shower from aquaglass and it is the corner one they sell. For some reason they don't make the glass for it. The only glass we can get right now has trim we don' t like and want. Does anyone know what I can suggest to him or can anyone suggest to me what I can do? Thanks.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
shower

I doubt that you will find any ready made frameless neo-angle shower enclosure. Most of them will have the trim so there can be adjustments for slight irregularities in construction.

Ingeborgdot

Reaction score
The plumber did find out that it would not work for the corner he had to sell but we have since decided against a corner shower anyway. I have decided on a rectangular 3x4 shape.
I am looking for a good quality shower and glass for my shower. I want it to be a 3' x 4' shower. I want it to have regular walls on two inside walls and the other two to be of glass.
I will try to explain what I mean.
As I look at the shower it will be 4'. The depth will be 3'. The back wall will be a wall as will be the right wall which will house the faucet and head. The front will be sliding clear doors and the left wall will be of glass. Where can I find something like that? Did I explain myself well enough? Thanks.

Ingeborgdot

Reaction score
After a lot of measuring and figuring a 42" x 42" shower would be our best bet. Anyone with any ideas?????
Same ideas about the sides and glass though.

Ingeborgdot

Reaction score
I may have to tile. Where is the best place to learn about tiling showers? Also, are tiles showers easy to take care of? What type of chemical does it need to be treated with?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Go to www.johnbridge.com for tiling info...very friendly group. Much more traffic, too.

A good grout sealer, often lasts several years, will help keep the grout from staining. Building the shower correctly, will make it last decades.

Did you check that other website for glass?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks