"rough in" questions

Users who are viewing this thread

the pelon

Reaction score
Hello all, I was refered to this forum by my good friends at the John Bridge site. I am in the process of a shower remodel. here is my plan: Install a new 3/4" thermo valve on the incoming 3/4 hot and cold lines. Stub out of the thermo valve with 3/4" and then "T" into 1/2". 1 line going into a 1/2" contol valve to feed shower head on one wall and the other 1/2 line to another control valve on the opposite wall for a hand held shower head. Any issues so far??
Now to some finer points. What are some thoughts on the Kholer Mastershower products, valves ect. I am looking for something that wont break the bank, but don't want to tear into my tile wall in a year later to repair the themo valve or control valves. Is there a better way to run 2 shower heads without using a therostatic valve and control valves or is this pretty much standard. Is there a concern with thermo valves that hot water may "syphon" off into adjoining cold water sources such as faucets, toilets ect. Well, enough for now!!!:D Thanks in advance, Pete

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
:)Just a tip here. You only need to post a question in one place on this forum. Just select the section that seems to be the most logical for you question.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks