(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Need to find old light switch stuff (circa mid 50's)

  1. #1

    Default Need to find old light switch stuff (circa mid 50's)

    I bought a house that has some weird light switches. The covers measure about about 4.5 X 2.75 inches with the switch holes measuring about .75 X 1.0 inches. They were made by General Electric and the house was built in the mid 50's but that is all I can find on them. I was wondering if anybody knows anything about them or were I can info and find parts for them mainly covers. I attached a picture of the cover. Thanks for looking and helping!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  2. #2


    If they are the one's I'm thinking about, each opening could be either a switch or an outlet. Had a bunch of them, but think I threw them out. Will take a look when I get home tonight. Have not seen them around for years.

  3. #3
    Plumber jimbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    San Diego


    It has been a few years, but they were available at least at that time. You will need to find the oldest electric supply house in your area, the one that is still in a run down building in "old downtown" area. Sorta like the old hardware store with the basement full of so much neat stuff!

  4. #4
    Moderator & Master Plumber hj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Cave Creek, Arizona

    Default switches

    Check for "Despard" switches and/or outlets. You might have to contact a good electrical store to find them. Pass & Seymour still lists them so you are probably in luck as far as finding what you need.
    Last edited by hj; 03-03-2008 at 08:15 AM.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts