Vikrell shower pans--advice??

Users who are viewing this thread

alicia725

Reaction score
Everything I have read is that acrylic is the best for shower pans...but what about this new Vikrell by sterling/kohler? Is it comparable or is it prone to cracking and aging very quickly? Anyone have any experience with the Vikrell shower pans? I am apprehensive about buying one if its fairly new to the market.

Alicia

macwnj

Reaction score
I, too would like to know more about this material....Sterling makes tubs and surrounds out of it, too.

macwnj

Reaction score
I've hit the Sterling website and watched their videos on this material. All pieces are molded from a single piece of material. Most of the information relates to installation, which looks much easier than the procedure for a cast iron tub. I have seen this product at Lowe's and it feels more substantial than any of the other non-metal tubs. And there's a ten-year warranty. Kohler's warranty on cast iron tubs does not cover scratches to the finish...only defects in the manufacturing. I would like to know more about its performance as a finished installation, e.g., how well does the finish hold up over time, and how easy is it to clean...what products are safe to use and which ones are not. I have to make a decision very soon, and am still very much undecided.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Cleaning and maintenance things should be covered in the user manual, which you can probably access on their site. If not, a call to customer service is in order...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks