Jacuzzi Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
I'm doing a bunch of odd jobs for a customer, and they also want me to check their Jacuzzi.

They said it was working fine until they had to replace the heating element. Now, the pump makes a humming sound, but the jets don't work, and it won't heat up either. They had a "friend" replace the heating element, so it may not even be installed correctly. But why would that prevent the jets from working?

bigbird

Reaction score
Sounds like he didn't wire it back up properly. If the pump hums and doesn't turn I would suggest one of two things:

1) He didn't wire it back up for 240V and it's only getting 120V. Test it with a meter for correct voltage.
2) Unlikely, but the bearings in the pump may have seized. Rotate the pump by hand to see if this is the case.

I'll go with door #1.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Also, keep in mind that you'll ruin the pump fairly quickly if it is run without enough water in the lines.

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
Score another one for the handyman!!

Once I got there and assessed the problem, it was obvious that the pump just needed to be primed. They forgot to purge the air after replacing the heating element, and the jacuzzi wasn't used for months. Quick fix, and another happy customer.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks