box flushed down toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

FlushyMcFlushagains

Reaction score
My fiance accidentally knocked a box of superfloss into the toilet just as it was flushing... the box went down the bowl and I think it lodged itself somewhere in the toilet trap. The toilet is not flushing properly, water is going down, but not until the bowl fills nearly to the brim. I have tried running a toilet auging snake through the toilet a few times, and it has improved the flow, but it's still not flowing quite right. the box has no plastic, or other hard material in it... just cardboard, paper and floss.

I've come up with a few ideas of what to do here, but wanted some advice before I possibly make things worse.

Should I just wait for the box to decompose a bit more so that it clears through?

Should I try to actually create a clog with toilet paper so I can plunge it through?

Ignore the advice on the liquid plummer bottle and pour it down the toilet to expediate the breakdown of the cardboard?

Or my last idea is to unmount the toilet, take it outside and blast my pressure washer through the trap.

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
If a closet auger doesn't push it out, then you may need to pull the bowl, and fish it out from the other end.

I don't think liquid plumber is going to desolve a cardboard box.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks