My findings using Blue Flapper on Drake/Ultramax toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
I posted previously about wanting to send solids along. ...
Essentially, I want more water to flush solids past the "T" sewer line and get it closer to the main sewer line on its way to the street line.
As mentioned by the wise TerryLove. The Blue Toto/Korky Flapper from Lowes will provide more water.
I purchased the Blue Flapper today. $10 plus tax.
All volumes are approximate.

Volume forcefully going into the bowl with RED flapper = approx 1 gallon, I figure the 0.6 gal is contributed by the slow volume of water that slowly spurts into the tube that feeds the bowl. Total volume of water that flushes your solids and sends them on their merry way = 1.6 gal

After installation of the BLUE flapper, the total volume forcefully going into the tank is 1.7 gallons PLUS approx. 1 gallon (overflow feed tube) = Total 2.7 gallons

This at least gives me some peace of mind that my wonderful solids are further along their trip with a good forceful send off.
Thanks to Terry for the tip on the Blue Flapper.

Yes, I realize this may use more water, BUT, I no longer have the desire to hold down the lever to empty the tank to send more water .(not environmentally acceptable to some)

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Al Gore and the water police would like to talk to you about a Federal indictment for altering the design flush of your toilet!

Seriously, you are overthinking this. It is not necessary that upon flush, the waste be carried all the way to the sewer. What happens when it gets to the sewer?? Your flush is not going to carry all the way to the pumphouse. The whole idea is that repeated addition of water to the line...from sinks, WM, etc. will carry the waste in due time. Just as the aggregate of all the houses on your street add enough water to the drain to carry the waste along.

There is a case for a theoretical discussion of whether sewer mains will suffer from lack of water....due to all the ultra low toilets, but I think at this time that discussion is still theoretical and has not proved to be an issue.

bg

Reaction score
Is this the one that will git the Drake ?

http://www.korky.com/Flapper2022BP.html

2022BP-Unpackaged.jpg

Blue flapper meant for the Power-Gravity, like the:
Ultimate
Supreme
Carolina

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Yes, but I personally think you are wasting your time, water, and money. If a plumber did it, he might lose his license...it is an illegal modification based on the current codes as it causes the thing to use more water than mandated.

bg

Reaction score
^^ Oh ! Thanks for the heads up. Don't want to get in any
trouble. It finds me easy enough as it is..

Reaction score
This was not an endorsement

Note: The experiment conducted was only for experimental purposes. I am not endorsing the procedure and this was not endorsed by anyone on this website.
The blue flapper has been removed since the excess water used is illegal and is noted to be unnecessary.

Don't try this at home.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
It doesn't matter... There is a black helicopter quietly hovering over your house now!:eek:

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks