(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: TOTO Nexus Tank Leaks

Default TOTO Nexus Tank Leaks

I was hoping this wouldn't happen but I was prepared. The water appears to be coming from the tank-to-bowl gasket. I see droplets formed on the china around the top of the gasket and some drops coming down from the gasket. So far I've tightend the Flush Valve Nut and it seemed to have lessened but I'm not sure yet. It's so slow I'm hoping it evaporates before it developes but I'll check it in the morning.

Even though the water isn't coming from the mounting bolts, should I tighten them more? They are a little more than hand tightened already. Will it help seal the gasket better or is the water coming from the Flush Valve Nut?

Appreciate any ideas...thanks.
    Brian

Retired Defense Industry Engineer jadnashua's Avatar

If you tighten the bolts a little bit evenly side to side, you can get the bowl down. I do not know about this one specifically, but most you can get the bowl nearly touching, so there is barely any flex. What do the instructions say? You need it tighter than hand tight.
    Jim DeBruycker
    Important note - I'm not a pro
    Retired Defense Industry Engineer; Schluter 2.5-day Workshop Completed 2013, 2014

this will stop the water if it's leaking from the flush nut valve...or do you think i have to tighten that nut again too?

The directions are the same as for the Drake. Here are instructions written by my son Jamie. Terry Love
    http://www.terrylove.com/forums/show...-by-Jamie-Love
    Last edited by Terry; 11-25-2012 at 05:20 PM.
    Brian