Water heater elements replaced?

Users who are viewing this thread

Mad Plumber

Mad Skills
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
I Have Replaced the elements for new ones The temp was set low because the last one's that were in kept blowing the thermostat if it was set to hot?
Now I have no hot water at all ??? the element shows 110 to ground so its getting electric... and reads 220 at the top of the thermostat unit Looks like the wires are connected the same as the diagrams Ive looked At??
If you can help me I would be ever so greatful ...God Bless

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
heater

Your first mistake was replacing the elements before you checked them to see if they were even the original problem. You will compound the error if you replace the thermostats without check them also. Having 110/120 volts to ground tells you nothing about the heater operation, thermostats, or elements. First you have to check if the elements SHOULD be heating then check them to see if they ARE heating.

Herk

Plumber
Reaction score
And, of course, the most important question - did you completely fill the tank with water before energizing the elements, letting the air out? If you didn't, you fried them.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks