Mansfield anti siphon hose bib; 500 series

Users who are viewing this thread

miesk5

Reaction score
Our 4 yr. old Mansfield 500 series hose bib is leaking under the grey cap (above the faucet outlet) only when the valve is turned on.

From a www search I found this in the old Terry Love MB (I was AlM there) "...Mansfield Sillcock Service kit number 630-7755. This kit contains replacement parts for 300 and 500 series Mansfield sillcocks and has fixed the severe leakage problem...".

Does the grey cap unscrew for using the replacement parts in the kit?

Any advice on replacing the parts?

I can do reg. bibs, sink faucets etc.

TIA gang!

Bless All Who Serve

Clayton

Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Mansfield

The kit you mentioned includes the parts to repair a faucet that drips from the spout when off and or around the handle when in use.

To repair the vacuum breaker you need 630-7500

man500vac.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

miesk5

Reaction score
Thanks much Clayton!!!!

Will check Monday for that kit from the plumbing supply place where we purchased the hose bib.

Great Instructions too!

Be well,
Al

Clayton said:
The kit you mentioned includes the parts to repair a faucet that drips from the spout when off and or around the handle when in use.

To repair the vacuum breaker you need 630-7500
attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:

PEW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Just a little additional info.

Mansfield puts out two kits, one #630-7500 to repair the anti-syphon valve, for around $3.00 and the other #630-7755 to rebuild the rest of seals and washer for around $7.00. They should be available at most plumbing supply houses, etc.

Many times a quick repair for a leak around the anti-syphon cap, is to pry off the plastic cap with a screw driver, being careful not to break it. Work a little from two sides until it pops off. You can then unscrew, counter clockwise, the bonnet (valve retainer) with a pair of plyers. Clean any crud from under the bonnet, which acts like a washer seat. You will find a plunger assembly, clean and reverse the washer in the assembly. Re-assemble the parts you just removed. Tighten the bonnet firmly. Snap the cap back on. With a little of luck you will get many years of additional service before needing a repair kit.

Paul

npardo

Reaction score
Mansfield outdoor faucet leaking from the handle

I have a Mansfield anti-siphon faucet that will not turn off anf leaks from the center of the handle where the screw is. I took apart and cleaned the anti-siphon poppet and the handle and gaskets. Everything looking like it was in good condition. I still cannot shut it off. Any suggestions?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The on/off guts are way back in the wall...depending on the model, possibly as much as 12" deep in the wall. Does it leak only when you are running a hose, or after you've shut it off? If it leaks while you are running the water, it is probably shot - you probably left a hose on it over the winter, or even one night when it froze (it can't drain if there's a hose on it). If it leaks all of the time, then the seat or washer needs repair - typically replacement.

WiScott

Reaction score
Mansfield 500 hose bib rebuild help

So my Mansfield 500 hose bib has a constant drip, both when "on" or "off". I get a very slow drip out of the faucet opening itself, and intermittent drips from behind the handle. I installed a new Vacuum Breaker kit which made no difference. I then purchased the seal and washer rebuild kit (#630-7755) and proceeded to shear of the head of the hex head bolt which holds the handle on.

The handle still does not want to come off...any thoughts on how I should proceed?

Thanks.

Kingsotall

Plunger/TurdPuncher
Reaction score
Guess if you can't get a grip on it with vise grips or screw exctractors won't work then it's time to replace the whole hose bib.

MarieB81

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone is still keeping an eye on this thread...but I am having the same problem as the original poster. I bought the vacuum breaker repair kit when I discovered that the original washer was almost completely corroded. But I am still getting the exact same leak even with the new breaker assembly. The plunger is not floating all the way up to seal against the bonnet when I turn the water on. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

v_dsl_027

Reaction score
HI:
Been searching internet for info on Mansfield model 500 anti siphon faucet and came across this site. I want to order a repair kit because faucet has a small drip. Does anyone have instructions on how to dis assemble the faucet. Info is much appreciated.

jgoleston

Reaction score
I have a leak coming out of the center of the small hole behind the handle when the valve is turned on. I have replaced the flat rubber seal at the end but it still leaks. Am I suppose to use the small o ring also? If so I don't know where it goes.

adammac15

Reaction score
Replacement part for Mansfield Valve

Hello all,

Over the weekend i had an issue with my Mansfield valve. I recently bought my home and do not know which model it is. That being said, i took knob off and removed 12' long inner valve. It seems as though the threw "notches" have been stripped over time. Therefore when i turn the knob, the notches are not catching to close teh valve.

My question comes in 2 parts i guess. #1, is there a way to determing what model of Mansfield i have?

#2, is a replacement part that is of just the 12" pipe available with teh notches and close valve at the end?

My research has turned up a 300, 400, and 500 model. I believe that mine is different.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Adam mac

barkerab

Reaction score
Stuck Bib Problem

I too am having problems with a mansfield 500 series wall hydrant, only my problem is the valve is stuck closed (no water at all!). I've taken off to bonnet, packing, et. al., but I cannot pull the bib out of the pipe. Any suggestions?!

ezeflyer

Reaction score
Mansfield anti-siphon valve leaking; need to find out replacement part number

I'm having the same problem with a Mansfield anti-siphon valve. Water gushes out from under the gray cap whenever the tap is turned on. I need to buy the repair kit but don't know if I have the 400 series or the 500 series or ...?? - nothing is marked on the bib except "ANTI SIPHON" and "ASSE U019(???)",and the manufacturer name on the gray cap. The home was built in about 1985 - that may be a clue. Can anyone help me with what part to order to fix this?

NPMSTR

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
www.prier.com
Hi,

THe 400 and 500 Series use the same repair parts for repairing the vacuum breaker, part number 630-7500. If you house was built in 1985, it is a 500 series since the 400 series did no debut until after 2000.

The Vacuum Breaker typically is damaged when a hose is left on the valve and it freezes. The Vacuum Breaker will typically act as a freeze plug and rupture before the copper splits on the inside of the structure. Remember to remove any hoses or anything that will trap water inside the valve during freezing weather. This includes some types of quick connects, irrigation timers, etc.

Good luck.

deaC130

Reaction score
I have a 500 series anti-siphon faucet that leaks when turned ON, through the handle. When shut off there are no leaks so I
assume the valve seat is OK. I went and bought a whole new stem and replaced the old one. No change in the leak. No water
is leaking out through anti-siphon valve cap. Any ideas?

NPMSTR

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
www.prier.com
It is either leaking through the packing nut, or through the stem. Since you've replaced the stem, my guess is the packing nut. You can remove the handle screw, turn on the hydrant, remove the handle and see where it leaks. If it is leaking out of hole in the stem, the backflow preventor has failed and needs to be repaired or replaced, if it is leaking from the packing area, simply tighten the packing nut until it stops. The newer version of your valve has a left hand thread on the nut, so it tightens to the left. If there is an "L" on the spout, it is a left hand thread.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks