My gas dryer stopped working and since it was about 20 years old I thought nothing of it. (The dryer wouldn't start--it only made a buzzing noise).
Anyway I had a new dryer delivered and the same problem happened! The dryer people said the new dryer was defective and said they would deliver a new one.
My question is could the electrical outlet somehow not be delivering enough juice to start the dryer? I find this hard to believe since my old dryer was on this very same outlet for years with no problem. The outlet is hooked up to an old panel that has breakers. Wouldn't a breaker have tripped if there was a problem?
Note: my house is old and the dryer is on the same circuit as other things. I also tried plugging in the dryer to another circuit with the same result.
Any help is appreciated.