large diameter (7 inch ) escutcheon/shower faucet chrome plate

Users who are viewing this thread

arianman

Reaction score
I need to hide a small crack in the fiberglass for the bath near the edge of the existing Price Pfister escutcheon. I am hoping to find an oversize escutcheon plate that will replace the old one. The old one is standard 6.5 inch. Its very cosmetic and I already have caulked it.

Any suggestions?
Any kind of trim ring that I could simply stick around the existing escutcheon.

Where to get these things?

RioHyde

Plumber
Reaction score
What you might use is a remodel escucheon aka remodel plate. I know that both Delta and Moen make them and I wouldnt be at all surprised if Price Pfister does too. I dont carry PP so I cant say for sure. I've installed the Delta remodel plates on American Standard tub/shower faucets and it looked great. In addition there are generic remodel plates out there. You'll find any of these at most plumbing supply houses.

Good luck!

arianman

Reaction score
Thanks. I am planning to look at some after market stuff.
I think Moen has 7 inch plates that should work.

JDkimes

Engineer
Reaction score
If you can't find one made specifically for this, you might try going to a plastic shop and getting a round piece of plastic to as retrofit escutcheon to cover the defect then put the old/regular escutcheon over it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks