(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: large diameter (7 inch ) escutcheon/shower faucet chrome plate

  1. #1

    Default large diameter (7 inch ) escutcheon/shower faucet chrome plate

    I need to hide a small crack in the fiberglass for the bath near the edge of the existing Price Pfister escutcheon. I am hoping to find an oversize escutcheon plate that will replace the old one. The old one is standard 6.5 inch. Its very cosmetic and I already have caulked it.

    Any suggestions?
    Any kind of trim ring that I could simply stick around the existing escutcheon.

    Where to get these things?

  2. #2
    Plumber RioHyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio


    What you might use is a remodel escucheon aka remodel plate. I know that both Delta and Moen make them and I wouldnt be at all surprised if Price Pfister does too. I dont carry PP so I cant say for sure. I've installed the Delta remodel plates on American Standard tub/shower faucets and it looked great. In addition there are generic remodel plates out there. You'll find any of these at most plumbing supply houses.

    Good luck!

  3. #3


    Thanks. I am planning to look at some after market stuff.
    I think Moen has 7 inch plates that should work.

  4. #4
    Engineer jdkimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Littleton, CO


    If you can't find one made specifically for this, you might try going to a plastic shop and getting a round piece of plastic to as retrofit escutcheon to cover the defect then put the old/regular escutcheon over it.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts