double check valve same as backwater valve ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Pan

Reaction score
I just spoke to a plumbing company to install a BWV and she said you mean a backflow valve or a doublecheck valve.... I told her it goes on the sewer line, she said the doublecheck valve is also the same thing.

I am not sure they are the same thing- the double check valves seem to be on the supply lines to prevent some kind of cross contamination. This is getting complicaated VERY fast!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
It makes it really hard to follow your whole problem when you start a new thread with each question...same problem...keep it in the same thread. The history of what was asked and answered will also help keep things on track.

Pan

Reaction score
Will do- different forums have different rules

if it is a seperate question- inspite of it beingl the same problem, but a seperate concept, they tend to wnat to see it in a different thread.
But I will just post to the original thread from now on.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
How long have you been here? It shows you've made 16 posts.

It's not a big deal, but you are trying to solve a single problem...seeing the progress of ideas is MUCH easier if it doesn't bounce all over the place...otherwise, there is absolutely no connection that is useful later on. Search would find the though, regardless of where it is in the thread.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
thread

Who is going to take the time to do a search for a previous question. A check valve by definition is a restriction in the sewer's flow, and if you use two or more it compounds the problem. She did not know what you were talking about and was thinking about a water supply anticontamination valve.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks