Have FINALLY finished the bathroom

Users who are viewing this thread

FatDaddy

Reaction score
and the wife loves the Toto Ultramax. Good advice,but I have a question.
Several more bathrooms are in my future and my plumber (a close and trusted friend,second generation plumber who can be trusted) is sold on Kohler. He thinks Toto is over-rated and over-priced and I respect his opinion.
My question is,what Kohler toilet would be comparabel to the Ultramax MS854114E ? Just for a laugh,I may install a Kohler and do my own comparison and buy the final two toilets with the winner.
Very unlike me to find a winner and still search but I like to keep an open mind.Kohler sure stands by their products. From Shower doors to shower heads.Parts do not seem to be a problem but I do not have any experience with Toto and can't make a judgement although I am certain I won't have a problem.In any event,thanks for all the input.
Alan

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The closest Kohler to the Ultramax would be the Cimarron one-piece.
I removed one of those for a client last week, and installed the TOTO Soiree.
The Kohler wound up in the dump. If your friend lives near me, maybe I can start giving him the used Kohler's I'm pulling out. It could save us both money.
Other Kohlers that get removed are the Santa Rosa models.

Last edited:

FatDaddy

Reaction score
My wife is already looking at the Soiree so it may

be a moot point. Pretty strong response but I won't get in the middle. I respect both of you too much to do that!
I suppose the only thing holding me back on the next one is,as I posted on the last job,my flanges are lead wiped and could be tricky to deal with. In the last one,it was in pristine condition and I was doing the whole room. I need time to recover before I do another whole bath and may just get the toilet to start,but one never knows what evil lurks under those floors!!
Anyway,thanks for the quick response and I value your opinion.
Alan

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks