Ever hear of Technopure

Users who are viewing this thread

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
The only thing I questioned in the Technopure system SISU mentioned was the use of ionization on potable water. For all I know it may work very well and I'm not much into assuming when I have no information to back up the assumption... but that doesn't apply to some others here.

He told me in a phone call yesterday that there was an ionizer then a 2.0 cuft Birm filter (within limits it is used for iron removal) and a 2.0 cuft carbon filter and then another ionizer. IMO the system wouldn't have worked because his water has IRB and H2S gas in it. But thinking now, possibly the ionization may have a negative impact on the IRB but IMO it wouldn't oxidize the H2S and Birm can not be used with H2S in the water. So he bought an inline erosion pellet chlorination system, Centaur carbon filter and softener with Clack WS-1 valves from me but... for all I know the Technopure system could work very well on a different water. I do know that ionization water treatment was invented by NASA chemists and engineers.

Bob NH

In the Trades
Reaction score
No technical person from TechnoPure has contacted me since I replied by PM on February 28.

If you Google "Technopure" this thread comes up 4th on the list. I can't imagine that anyone reading this thread is going spend $thousands$ on a product from a company that can't find the time to provide substantiating information to a professional forum.

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
on this site like white on rice when it comes to content.

If you Google "Technopure" this thread comes up 4th on the list. I can't imagine that anyone reading this thread is going spend $thousands$ on a product from a company that can't find the time to provide substantiating information to a professional forum.

Content content content!

EricHalnon

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I apologize for being scarce the past couple weeks. We are very busy as spring approaches --as this is our busy time of year and we are also wrapping up our expo shows.

If anyone has any questions please e-mail me as I am not on this forum on a daily basis. We are very adamant about customer service and we don't want your questions going unanswered. For a speedier reply please direct all your questions to ehalnon@technopure.com or info@technopure.com.

The owner of the company will be contacting Bob NH today. I can try to convince you that this is a great product, but as I am affiliated with the company it is hard to convince you that I am not selling "snake oil" to you. It will save us all a lot of time to have one of your fellow members report back.

Regards,
Eric Halnon
TechnoPure

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Ouuuuch, Musta stepped on a yellow jacket nest.... Better to swat them one at a time!:D

Looking forward to Bob's report...

Raucina

Reaction score
why are there 1,002 views of this thread???? I dont believe it.

Alternety

Like an engineer
Reaction score
Some of them may be from Google search results. This thread is near the top of the results for Technopure.

I spent a couple of hours trying to find anything on them. The only things I found was a web site flogging the product, a disastrous handling of an asbestos laden French aircraft carrier, and a water treatment company in BC. The company in BC did not seem like them. It is sort of odd. Everything is on the net. I can't recollect ever not being able to find a product when I looked.

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
"Oh no you didn't!!"

"Oh yes I did!"

Just had to drudge this thread up as I just couldn't let it disappear. :p

It's nearing a month now and I'd be hard pressed not to believe that some type of answers should be plausible by now.....no?

Please.....

I seek the knowledge I must need :D

I called TechnoPure, their support line and I've been on hold now for 1,203 hours. Help me!

Alternety

Like an engineer
Reaction score
They are probably busy answering the questions that were asked here (e.g., patent numbers, third party tests, rational explanation, and maybe pricing) to each interested individual, rather than do so publicly.

At this point I simply have to assume there is something fishy. There have been clear questions asked; the only response has been to say they will answer all questions. And the tour offered.

I really, really hate this sort of thing.

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
They are probably busy answering the questions that were asked here (e.g., patent numbers, third party tests, rational explanation, and maybe pricing) to each interested individual, rather than do so publicly.

At this point I simply have to assume there is something fishy. There have been clear questions asked; the only response has been to say they will answer all questions. And the tour offered.

I really, really hate this sort of thing.

Just listen to that Geico music that comforts the caveman when he realizes he's made fun of....

Here!

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Yep, The Reverend Zombie be very busy rattling them chicken bones and stickin pins in little figurines.
Figurines that no doubt look like us!:D

rev-zombies-voodoo-shop-776645.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

minaldo

Reaction score
Status

Sorry for raising an old thread. I take it there has been no testing or communication between Technopure and Bob of NH? If so, I'd love to hear about it.

I am one of those "google spiders" that some one mentioned. I am researching technopure and their product, and based on this thread & their pricing I will probably not be purchasing their system.

BTW, I was just quoted a price of $5,500, plus installation costs for their system for my 20 x 40 inground pool. Plus the cost of CO2 each year & the need to replace the plates every 2 years.

Nontheless, I would be interested to hear a response from the company to the questions asked in this thread.

Alternety

Like an engineer
Reaction score
I asked Bob recently and he said there would be no further action on this.

I would like to know also. There was never any clear reason why they would not simply post answers in this thread after they suddenly went from talkative to call for answers. Your post actually has more content then they have posted.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.
Abraham Lincoln, (attributed)
16th president of US (1809 - 1865)

“You can fool some of the people all the time, and those are the ones you want to concentrate on.â€
George W. Bush quotes (American 43rd US President since 2001. b.1946)

We know where their ideals lie!

Last edited:

EricHalnon

Reaction score
The invite to Bob has been extended with no response. We are now working with members of the EPA in Maine on more extensive third party results and these will be posted once completed.

Anyone including Bob of New Hampshire that would like to visit a site currently using the TechnoPure system is more than welcome. Just give us a call and we can set it up.

If anyone has any further questions please contact us via email: info@technopure.com or phone: 888.689.6899

Best Regards,

Eric Halnon
TechnoPure

Wet_Boots

Sprinkler Guy
Reaction score
The invite to Bob has been extended with no response. We are now working with members of the EPA in Maine on more extensive third party results and these will be posted once completed.
How about letting a responsible third party publish test results? And how was this "invite" extended? Carrier pigeon? Mental telepathy?

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Oh Hi Eric! Nice of you to stop by... Were your ears ringing? I believe you were going to set something up with Bob... It's easy just PM him right here and set something up!

Eric.... Eric are you still there.... Oh Eric!:confused:

sudava

Reaction score
Hi, I wished I would have read this forum before I purchased a TechnoPure pool system, as well as a whole house water purification system. Both systems failed to do the promised job. I have test results from independent water technicians stating that the whole house water purification is not to be considered pure clean water as advertised in the website of TechnoPure. As it turns out my pool equipment was not installed completely, the CO 2 tank was missing and therefore the system could not work correctly, according to the statement of the owner of TechnoPure. You should know the the owner and his father installed the systems in my home. My pool was dark green after my return from summer vacation. The owner finally and reclunctingly agreed to take care of the tank for me. However this never happened and it has been now over a year that I am trying to resolve this matter. I involved a mediator of the Attorney General's Office in MA, which after many months resulted in a signed agreement to partially refund the costs of the pool system and a timely pick up of the equipment by TechnoPure. Again, this has not happened. Interesting is, that the owner requests that his equipment is not relocated from the wall, where he initially installed it. At the installation he promised me that I would have two years to return the system, in case I am not happy with it. He did not react to a letter written from my attorney, as well. So, I suppose I will start legal actions now. Meanwhile all I can do is inform anybody about my experiences with this company. I surely tried for a long time to solve this peacefully with the merchant, but sadly to no avail.

Alternety

Like an engineer
Reaction score
This certainly seems to answer some questions. Assuming the whole house system was installed correctly, that answers the "does it work" question.

It is a shame the pool was done wrong so we can't explicitly show that the product does not work in a recirculating environment. This seemed more likely to work.

However, the owner's support sure says stay away. Imagine if you were across the country.

Have you filed complaints with the AG and FTC?

I think it would be real interesting if you could share processed and unprocessed water test results. We could then figure out if the house system did anything at all.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks