Ever hear of Technopure

Users who are viewing this thread

Alternety

Like an engineer
Reaction score
I just got an email from a "partner" of my pool vendor. It is Technopure. I read a good bit of the web site. It is poorly written, hype filled, I have some real questions about some of their "scientific explanations", and avoids pricing.

To me this is rather a long list of pointers to pure BS not water. They have no cited independent tests, claim many patents but nowhere provide a patent number, the "technical white paper" is a joke.

They claim to take out metals and things from well water - but if you look further, for this they provide what looks like a standard set of tank filters with their little thingies sitting on the input and output of the two tanks, which need backwashing. They can't quite keep straight if chlorine is involved in residential pools and they use carbon dioxide for ph adjustment in commercial pools but not residential.

Has anyone had experience with these guys? Is there something here that works but they are simply inept at communicating? I am going to call the pool company and see if I can get anyone that is actually knowledgeable and ask if they have seen actual test results and/or raise hell about them giving out my email address (and maybe to a charlatan).

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Well that website seems to have a bunch of smoke and mirrors. Just MHO!

I'll give Rev. Zombie the old chichen bone rattler a call and see what he says...

rev-zombies-voodoo-shop-776645.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Alternety

Like an engineer
Reaction score
The Revs shop looks too high tech for a proper evaluation.

The other guys are pretty advanced too. Not once were cows specifically mentioned as a water processing resource (the magnets, that is).

Some tidbits actually make a little sense. Getting copper ions into the water should affect nasties. I am not so sure about zinc. But it is not coherent or consistent.

I would really like to see some real test/experience results. Sometimes stuff works that you don't think will.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I would really like to see some real test/experience results.

The absence is suspisious! Which make me suspect Voodoo is involved!

Manufacturers of reputable devices seem to have no problem supplying testing data. The con artists rely on a bunch of hype often appealing to people in the costs less, something for nothing, save big etc. When greed kicks in they have found their sucker. They have customer testamonials from users that offer statements with no proof or, logic.

BTW... I've got this oceanfront property in Montana I'm thinking about selling... Would you be interested in an acre or, 2?

Speedbump

Reaction score
These things have been around for almost a Millennium in one form or another. Some use electricity, some use permanent Magnets. No matter what they use, they are a joke and do not work. Don't waste your money.

bob...

EricHalnon

Reaction score
In regards to TechnoPure

Hello,
My name is Eric Halnon I was sent a link to this thread here from a customer of mine. I work for TechnoPure.

I appreciate the critique of our website and am in complete agreement of its somewhat outdated material. We are currently between graphic designers and are working to update this site for a more user friendly interface, containing more information on our systems and pricing.

Any advice on what kind of "testings" you would like to see up on our site?

We have a large customer base of satisfied customers including The New England Patriots; Boston YMCA; Ritz Carlton; SwimEx Co.; and thousands of residential customers.

I understand this system seems a little too good to be true. We are more then willing to put our money where our mouth is though and offer a standard 1-year customer satisfaction guarantee with all of our systems and we have yet to pull out a single system.

I would be more then happy to answer any other questions you have on the system so please give me a call at 508.954.5551 or an e-mail at info@technoPure.com

If you would like to talk with a customer of ours I can arrange that. If you are looking for even more proof give me a call and I'll bring you to one of our customer locations in New England and you can touch and feel the water we provide.

Any feedback on what you would like to see on our website is much appreciated as we aim to show you, the customer, that we aim to provide you with a worthwhile product.

Regards,

Eric Halnon
TechnoPure

EricHalnon

Reaction score
Regardless of your opinion, I am always available to answer any questions on the TechnoPure system or the legitimacy of the technology behind it.

Regards,

Eric Halnon
TechnoPure

Speedbump

Reaction score
I appreciate that Eric, however I have seen these things on the market. I have had customers who bought them and it made no difference in their water. I had a customer buy one from a friend. It was a very impressive Stainless and Brass device that had no electrical connection whatsoever. It did have a very impressive permanent magnet. If you get too close to a metal garbage can while carrying one, you could get hurt real bad.

He had it installed and found the same results as the rest of my customers that had one. It did nothing.

Now if I have read your site wrong, I apologize. If this is a magnetic water conditioner, then I didn't read it wrong.

bob...

EricHalnon

Reaction score
As I said before I am always more then willing to answer any questions on the system, so here it goes.

The TechnoPure system is not a magnetic water conditioner. It uses a process called oxidation/ionization.

Pools require two things in order to be sanitized; an Oxidizer and a Sanitizer. Chlorine acts as both. The downside to chlorine though is that it and it's byproducts are known carcinogens.

Ionization is not a new technology as most are aware. Ionizers have been around for ages. They release copper ions using a low voltage electrical charge. Copper ions are algaecides killing and preventing the growth of algae. Now for the downfall of old ionizers: They used copper/silver makeup causing staining in pools, they were not automated which lead to human error in usage, and they lacked an oxidizer to kill bacteria. If run properly a good ionizer will reduce your chlorine usage but you will not be able to run completely chlorine free as you still require an oxidizer.

TechnoPure uses Copper/Zinc plates which release a residual of copper into the water which acts as your algaecide. This is fully automated through the controller's programming.
So this takes care of our sanitizer as I explained before copper ions act as algaecides.

The oxidation process pulls the hydrogen from the water molecule leaving you with O2 which acts as your oxidizer. We perform this process using a low voltage charge on two titanium plates which have a proprietary coating that pulls the hydrogen molecule to it. The leftover hydrogen is released as a light, untraceable peroxide.

There you have it oxidation/ionization in a nutshell. We combine this technology with automation using top of the line pool controllers which allow for pH control (using either CO2 or Acid in either commercial or residential applications). Now while we do promote ourselves as being chlorine free, commercially we must run a chlorine residual to meet standards set by the department of health.

This technology is by no means old and by no means a farse. It was developed by NASA engineers and utilized aboard the Apollo shuttles to purify their drinking water.

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask or drop me a line.

Regards,

Eric Halnon
TechnoPure

Alternety

Like an engineer
Reaction score
Could you give us an idea of the lifetime of the two types of plates and the amount of carbon dioxide likely to be used. Assume the pool starts at the correct pH. If you can put these answers in the context of per gallon so it can be applied to any size pool.

I have an additional question about the oxidation process. I thought that peroxide has a short lifetime in this sort of environment. Is that incorrect and there is a residual level in the pool or is it short lived and only oxidizes water as it passes through your system?

Thanks for joining this discussion.

R

Rancher

Eric,

Will you please post the patent numbers that are alluded to on your web page?

"Multi-Patented Oxidation/Ionization Technology"

Rancher

Bob NH

In the Trades
Reaction score
Regardless of your opinion, I am always available to answer any questions on the TechnoPure system or the legitimacy of the technology behind it.

Regards,

Eric Halnon
TechnoPure

I accept your offer on behalf of the interested members of this forum. I am located in southern New Hampshire and since I am retired I have the time to review the system with you.

A valid evaluation of the system would include, and I would be interested in seeing:

1. An independent sampling, and quantitative analysis and determination of properties, of the water flowing into and out of the system, for samples of three different untreated well waters with typical ranges of various contaminants

2. A mass balance accounting for the difference in masses of the materials and the material conversions observed and measured in the feed water and the product water

3. A complete technical description of the chemical, electrochemical, and other processes that constitute the treatment, and that account for the differences in feed and product water samples

I will send you a Private Message with my phone number and email address so you can contact me to discuss a protocol for the testing, identification of an independent laboratory, and a plan for review of the test results and analyses.

After we have the results, I will prepare a report for this forum, review it with you to incorporate any corrections, and then post the report on this forum. I will append your comments to my report and you will of course have an opportunity to comment in this forum.

EricHalnon

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

The two plates used in the system are a set of brass plates (copper/zinc) and a set of titanium plates. The titanium plates are not consumables and are to never be replaced, only to be maintained by cleaning annually with muriatic acid. The brass plates are consumables and are to be replaced as needed which is when they become less then a quarter inch thick. Our average replacement time frame on those plates in a residential pool up to 40,000 gallons is every two years. This varies greatly on pool usage, make up water quality, and environment.

CO2 is used to control pH and the correct answer to your question is that it varies. As anyone who works in pools can tell you your usage of pH control significantly varies from pool to pool. Again some of the leading causes of this are evironment, quality of make up water, and bather loads of the pool. I can give you the rough estimate of our average residential pool up to 40,000 gallons which is a 20lb tank of CO2 every 3-6 months. Again that is a rough estimate as the variables involved are too many to get an exact answer. I can assure that our system uses just enough CO2 or pH control to maintain your pH at a preferred level. This is done through the use of pH sensing probes that constantly test the levels of pH in the water adding the pH control only when it is needed.

You are correct in the fact that the O2, which is used as our oxidizer, is a short lived chemical within the pool's water and we do require that pool owners turn over there water at least once a day to get maximum exposure to the oxidation process. The copper ions are left in the water as a residual to act as an algaecide and biocide.

This process is a bit different then ozone systems. An ozonator uses O3 as an oxidizer. O3 is an unstable form of oxygen as opposed to O2.

Bob NH, we would be more then happy to talk with you. Please get me your contact information and I will get one of the more tech savvy members to get in touch with you as I don't speak "engineer" fluently. We would love to work with you on this testing so please get back to me.

Regards,

Eric Halnon
TechnoPure

Bob NH

In the Trades
Reaction score
Bob NH, we would be more then happy to talk with you. Please get me your contact information and I will get one of the more tech savvy members to get in touch with you as I don't speak "engineer" fluently. We would love to work with you on this testing so please get back to me.

Regards, Eric Halnon TechnoPure

I sent EMail address and phone number by PM on February 28.

Speedbump

Reaction score
I'm waiting too. I'm glad BobNH agreed to work on this. I know we will get a fair and informative analysis from this.

And like Rancher, I'm waiting too.

bob...

Alternety

Like an engineer
Reaction score
Maybe he does not work weekends.

I am also waiting with great interest to see how things develop.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks