well point question

Users who are viewing this thread

arribba

Reaction score
I have a shack in the NC mountains that uses a spring/cistern system. The spring comes out of a hillside and right now is collected through seepage into a small bottomless tank. When it rains, I get a lot of organic matter in the water. Could I drive a well point into the hillside to collect the water (if I can miss the rocks) and use that to fill a sealed cistern?
Thanks

arribba

Reaction score
The "tank" is what the health department recommends... basically a barrel with a lid to keep out debris and the bottom cut out and filled with gravel. The water seeps into this and then moves downhill to a cistern.

If I can find the one part of NC that isn't rock, will the well point work driven horizontally into the hill?

Thanks.

Speedbump

Reaction score
It would work in your bottomless tank if you used coarse sand or gravel. It won't work just hammered into the side of a hill.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks