(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Terminating vent in attic

Default Terminating vent in attic

Must be OK. One year after constructed.

http://www.inspectpa.com/forum/forum.php
    My answers are based mostly on the ICC codes. Advice given is my personal opinion and every person performing work should acquire a permit from his/her jurisdiction and get the work inspected. My opinions are not directions to follow for DIYs or professionals

Well . . . it looks as if they were getting ready to glue a vertical piece in place, but maybe they forgot . . .

Well atleast they used primer.

I just had a home owner that did all his own plumbing. Looked like hell. He had the VTR cut and hanging in the attic. The guy went on a business trip. The wife had the roofers in. The roofers shoved the pipe into the attic, and closed the roof. The tenants so loved the smell. If he only made the last connection he would have saved him self a tun of trouble. The tenants called the the board of health. That was the worst smelling place I have been in.
    I'm just starting to work with an old friend of mine to bring solar electric and hot water systems, wind turbines, Flex Fuel Boilers, batteries, hydroponic gardening, books, pellet grills and more. Also the parts for DIY installation.

I&C Engineer (mostly WWTP) Lakee911's Avatar

That's a lot of vents up there all over the place. Big too.