1. Do I have to seal the bottom edge where Duroc meets floor with mesh tape?
2. Wht do I use for sealing joints? Same thinset used to set tile?
3. I have vapour barrier on walls and PVC pan liner... Can / should I use red guard?
It seems that red guard on the floor will prevent water that gets through the grout/tile to get through dry pack to liner? Tht correct? If red guard is used will it not hold water at grout level, which I think would not be good?
4. Red guard on walls seems more practical but I read somewhere it will trap mositure in if used on walls with vapor barrier.
5. I made my curb a little too wide and in stages ( long story/nightmare ...wholly f is a neo angle hard for a first time!!) I had to create the front ( outside ) of the curb last, after the top and inside had set... The outside is rough and damaged on outside edge in one spot. Not sure if I need to correct or just leave small void under tile? Thoughts? If I do want to smooth it out do I use same cement as original or tile thinset or something else? Pic attached
Thks in advance