Delta Brizo supply hose leak. Help Please!

Users who are viewing this thread

Jaret

Reaction score
I recently installed a new Delta Brizo faucet and discovered a leak at the hot and cold water supply hoses. I had Delta send me two new hoses under warranty, only to discover leaks in the same places. I am thinking operator error here, but if someone could take a look at the attached pic and confirm my suspicions, I'd appreciate it. Is the joint identified in the photo supposed to swivel?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Delta Hose Leak.JPG
    Delta Hose Leak.JPG
    13.9 KB · Views: 663

Jaret

Reaction score
You are correct, it is indeed the inlet hose.

My question is, if I twist it when I attach it to a standard braded faucet connector, is that what is causing the failure? Or am I just getting crappy replacement parts from Delta?

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
I use a 20" flexible riser on my pressure-test rig to connect to the 3/8" fitting on stops. I often see leaks at that swivel location, but if you hold your tongue just right while tightening you can make it stop leaking. Lousy design, imho.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
You shouldn't be twisting that hose. You should connect the end to the faucet, the screw the supply onto the Delta hose, using a wrench on that fitting so it does not twist

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
hose

There is NO reason why you should have to twist it at all. The flexible supply line has a swivel on the end so you do not have to do anything with this hose except hold it in place while you tighten the nut. If Delta never expected you to swivel it, then why would they have to make provision for you to do it?

Jaret

Reaction score
I use a 20" flexible riser on my pressure-test rig to connect to the 3/8" fitting on stops. I often see leaks at that swivel location, but if you hold your tongue just right while tightening you can make it stop leaking. Lousy design, imho.

So if I tighten it down to the supply line, it should stop leaking? I'd rather not order another hose from Delta, they are giving them to me for free, but it takes a while, and it is a real pain to re-install. It is a very-very slow drip right now.

One thing to note; when I got the hose from Delta, the visible O-ring on the opposite end that connects to the faucet body was completely dried out and cracked - so I replaced it. I was wondering if the internal seal on the other end might be in a similar condition. How does this type of connection seal internally?

Thanks everyone for your advice!

J

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks