Reaction score
We use linkseal...
wynn04.jpg

Check out this link...
http://www.linkseal.com/atwork.htm

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Link Seal now thats some good stuff right there I don't care where your from.
Git-R-Done!

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
Would of been a 4" 45 with a street 45 turned up, 4" cleanout adaptor coming out the front of that.

As far as the sleeve goes?

It was always up to the builder to make sure they would sleeve the footer because the ones I've unfortunately done when it wasn't done are usually a half a day cussing everyone including yourself for doing such a terrible chore.

Hi wall setups the concrete guys would sleeve a 8" piece of 6" pipe, nailed into the wall forms before pouring.

I truly believe water lines should be sleeved as well......will never happen though in my area.

Would make for such a better install all the way around.

That wiring is supposed to be in conduit anywhere below the joists, through the wall whether it is that outdoor romex or not. Bad install including that goofball purple primer.

Construct30

Reaction score
Bad install including that goofball purple primer.

That goofball purple primer is required by some inspectors to make sure idiot plumbers that think it is unnecessary used it.

Thanks for the link to the sleeve they look great. We are required to sleeve water lines as well and I thought we had to use a sleeve through concrete as well for uf cable, but if the pocono inspector says its not needed then maybe it isn't in PA. The code is state wide, still conduit through concrete is the best way to go.

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
That goofball purple primer is required by some inspectors to make sure idiot plumbers that think it is unnecessary used it.

Then there must be a lot of idiot plumbers in the area to make that change to the code to enforce such a requirement. Maybe a lot of ferncos above ground as well.

We don't have that problem here in Kentucky, we don't have to be babysitted when installing piping systems.

Construct30

Reaction score
Then there must be a lot of idiot plumbers in the area to make that change to the code to enforce such a requirement. Maybe a lot of ferncos above ground as well.

We don't have that problem here in Kentucky, we don't have to be babysitted when installing piping systems.

You know I would love to read the book that you wrote, I'm sure you must have one. Anyone that knows everything should have their own book to help us poor unlearned people. How else can we ever learn if intellegent people such as yourself don't share their vast knowledge? OR Are you just a legend in your own mind? Oh when you write that book make sure you add lots of pictures or it will do me no good.

For your readin' pleasure http://www.fernco.com/speccode.asp

Also check this out http://www.fernco.com/NH.asp Fernco is a brand not a single product!!!

Kentucky must be proud to have all the perfect plumbing. Been there seen some horrific sites in construction. Seen some darn nice work too. Sort of like any place you go.

Last edited:

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
You know I would love to read the book that you wrote, I'm sure you must have one. Anyone that knows everything should have their own book to help us poor unlearned people. How else can we ever learn if intellegent people such as yourself don't share their vast knowledge? OR Are you just a legend in your own mind? Oh when you write that book make sure you add lots of pictures or it will do me no good.

For your readin' pleasure http://www.fernco.com/speccode.asp

Also check this out http://www.fernco.com/NH.asp Fernco is a brand not a single product!!!

Kentucky must be proud to have all the perfect plumbing. Been there seen some horrific sites in construction. Seen some darn nice work too. Sort of like any place you go.

Wow! Those links sure make me think you're smart now! I guess if I used banded rubber fittings as much as you, I'd be quick to defend as well!

The only book I'm writing is the one where you're the star character, the plot never thickens and I keep dropping hints along the story line that you're not anything more than a hack....or to term lightly, a wannabe plumber.

Otherwise my open-ended statements about ferncos and purple primer wouldn't offend you. See anyone else defending either? No, just you.

Consider me a hard case, I take it as a compliment. I usually don't have any problems with anyone except people that weaken the profession of plumbing, not those who develop it and enhance its quality and reputation.

I can literally count on you to be guarded in your statements at this point.

Me? Nothing will ever change.27.gif

"sobs, wipes tear away"

Last edited by a moderator:

Jar546

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
www.inspectpa.com
Water lines must be sleeved too per IRC too. P2603.4

As far as purple primer is concerned, guess what? Now required under the 2006 IRC. P3003.9.2

It's just as easy to do it right as it is to do it wrong unless you have to do it all over again because you did it wrong the first time.

Construct30

Reaction score
Water lines must be sleeved too per IRC too. P2603.4

As far as purple primer is concerned, guess what? Now required under the 2006 IRC. P3003.9.2

It's just as easy to do it right as it is to do it wrong unless you have to do it all over again because you did it wrong the first time.

Go figure. The IRC must be written by hacks or maybe they know something rugged don't? I wonder if that should be doesn't,maybe rugged knows.

FYI I haven't used a fernco for going on six hours now. I don't really know when the last time I used a fernco and I do know it was below grade. You know nothing about me or the work I do.

I will say I've never pissed off an inspector and I have a near 100% customer satisfaction.

Thanks for the code, Inspector.

Last edited:

Herk

Plumber
Reaction score
One thing about sleeving - it does make it easier to replace the pipe if necessary.

Most of the new houses I've done have either had crawlers or basements and while I was still doing that work we were forced by inspectors to put cardboard around our stacks on the basement floor. My thought was that it was idiotic - termites and other nasties love rotten cardboard. And the pipes aren't supposed to be able to move up and down that much under the ground. (Good idea to allow them plenty of room to move in the walls.)

Seaneys

Reaction score

Purple primer is pretty much required in my area. The more that I've worked on my house, the more I've thought of a 'neat' purple primer job as being the sign of a pro.

Once of my neighbors houses was just gutted. I do not see a single drop of purplie primer in the wrong place. The plumber left a beatuful 1/4" band that stands proud of the fitting connection....

Mine look like hacks. No matter how hard I try.

Steve

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks