Pump system question, Will it work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Thassler

Reaction score
I'm currently using a small Jet pump/pressure tank combination to pump water from a nearby creek. The water is only used for washing cars, irrigation ect .. during non-freezing weather. I would like to move the pump to my well house which is about 220 feet away and 16 feet in elevation above the creek. I already have a 1-1/2 inch pvc pipe buried between the well house and creek and was wondering if running the jet pump in 'shallow well' mode would work considering the distance and elevation.

Here's a link to the pump/tank combo I currently have:
http://www.tractorsupply.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay_10551_10001_43926_-1______?rFlag=true&cFlag=1

Here's a rough sketch of what I have in mind:
http://www.littletreefarms.com/images/creekpump.jpg

Thanks for any help ...
Trey

Speedbump

Reaction score
Yes it would work. You are going to have some friction loss with that length of suction line even though it's bigger than needed for a short run.

You could take that pump (and I'm being kind) off that tank to keep the lift at 16 feet. The closer you get to 25 the less water and pressure that pump can make. You will also need the jet that bolts onto that pump.

bob...

Thassler

Reaction score
lol - Yes, you are being very kind (pump). Picked it up at a garage sale for $40. We mainly use it on a trailer with a portable 350gal tank to water Christmas trees. My main concern was I didn't want to have to bury another pipe and wanted to make sure it would lift 16' with that long of a suction line. Thanks a bunch for the info ...

Trey

Speedbump

Reaction score
Don't forget, you need the shallow well jet that bolts on over those two holes in the front. If you don't have one, I may have one kicking around here for a Myers somewhere. That's who made that sorry looking thing.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks