Brand recommendation for Submersible Pumps

Users who are viewing this thread

Blueberry

Reaction score
Hello:

I am in the market for 2 submersible pumps (one for a 400 feet well, one for a 500 feet well, both have very weak flows 3 GPM for the 500 feet one).

What I pulled out is a Myers, Predator ST with a Franklin Electric engine (2 wire). Both pumps ran dry and the "propeller" section of the pump "melted" and froze up. The engine I think still works, so kuddos for Franklin.

I was somewhat surprised that the "propeller" (sorry I am sure there is a proper name for the sandwich of discs that move the water) was made out of plastic but I realize that the only alternative would be stainless steel which would make it beyond expensive.

Does anybody have a brand preference or recommendation for submersible pumps?

Thank you,

Speedbump

Reaction score
Grundfos has all Stainless construction, but I'm not fond of them. And they are very expensive.

You need to size the pump so that it will not over pump the well. As long as it can continue to pump a gallon per minute or more, it will not nuke the impellers. To figure out what pump you need, I need the water level, well depth and the production rate of each well.

bob...

Blueberry

Reaction score
Impeller, excellent Rancher, now I now what that looks like.

Speedbump:

Both wells pump into a 2500 gallon holding tank, so they do not have to fight the back pressure of pressure tank. The depth of the wells are:
Well #1 520 Feet (3GPM) with a Myers 1.5 HP 5 GPM
Well #2 420 Feet, I do not recall exactly how well it does but it was rated something similar but I think its production has improved over time. It had 1 Horse Myers at 8 GPM

The whole idea is that the pumps take turns filling the holding tank. There is an automated switchbox that takes care of that. Both wells are equipped with sensors which are suppose to avoid pump burn out. Somehow the breaker who controls that neat feature failed (probably power surge) and the pump burned out. (The first pump burned out because the Plumber had not hooked-up the sensors and I had been operating successfully on one pump).

I am going to add "Pumptec Control" to both pumps, it is made by Franklin Electric and can detect a no load and avoid pump burn out. Which sounds great.

I was possibly looking at Gould Pumps, heard about them?

This is a great forum thank you all.

haron

Reaction score
Hello:

I am in the market for 2 submersible pumps (one for a 400 feet well, one for a 500 feet well, both have very weak flows 3 GPM for the 500 feet one).

What I pulled out is a Myers, Predator ST with a Franklin Electric engine (2 wire). Both pumps ran dry and the "propeller" section of the pump "melted" and froze up. The engine I think still works, so kuddos for Franklin.

I was somewhat surprised that the "propeller" (sorry I am sure there is a proper name for the sandwich of discs that move the water) was made out of plastic but I realize that the only alternative would be stainless steel which would make it beyond expensive.

Does anybody have a brand preference or recommendation for submersible pumps?

Thank you,
you may use dayliff pump they are affodable.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks