Steam Shower

Users who are viewing this thread

bindab

Reaction score
I am interested in installing or building a steam shower. My preference would be in buy a pre-made unit (like Wasauna). However, when I stopped by my local plumbing store I was advised against purchasing such a unit, because the acrylic polymers tend to discolor when exposed to heat.

I have not been able to find any forums were these pre-built units are discussed. Does anyone have an opinion on these?

Thank you,

David

Krow

Plumber
Reaction score
I just repaired a unit sold by MAAX and manufactured by thermasol (California). #SC35. Its a cost effective unit. The initial installation was botched (by others) and I inherited the job to fix it. It never worked from the 1st day it was put in. The contractor walked away 1 1/2 years ago.

The California folks were very informative and instrumental in getting this unit in working order. Great public relations from Thermasol and they were very interested of the final outcome of this unit's performance. They called me back days later to ask if unit worked. (and it did).

I have installed a few and if you install it properly (as per installation instructions), they are great units

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks