snowblower meets well cap /:

Users who are viewing this thread

Alleycat

Reaction score
It looks like the snowblower got a little too close to the well cover. The well cap has two good-sized nicks in it but they look to be very superficial wounds. We've noticed no problems with the water quality or pressure, so can we assume "all is well?" Is there any chance that something below the surface could have been damaged? And should we be doing anything to fix the gouges on the cap? I searched the internet and found nothing, which I hope is a good sign--

Speedbump

Reaction score
As long as everything is working as it was before and the cap is keeping contaminants out, I wouldn't worry about it.

bob...

Alternety

Like an engineer
Reaction score
You should see what happens if a snow blower eats one of those door mats made of chunks of old tires tied together with steel links.

Ugly.

Alleycat

Reaction score
The well cap was last week. This week, it's a big rubber chew toy the dog decided to play with during the storm and leave buried in the snow.

Alternety

Like an engineer
Reaction score
Hmmm. If the cat had been wearing armor based on tires and steel links, the outcome for the cat would be about the same, but your snow blower would be in trouble.

Rule of thumb: never use your snow blower to puree fish before using on the snow.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks