Kohler Persuade Review, pictures and comments

Users who are viewing this thread

Smartin684

Reaction score
Did you figure it out?

Hi, all. Thank you for the informative thread you have going here.

I'm having an issue and it's making me want to tear my hair out! I have a Kohler Persuade on all three floors of my 2-year-old house. My upstairs Persuade has developed a slow leak into the bowl, and I can't figure out why. My first guess was the middle flapper (?) mechanism with the dual-flush system, so I swapped it with my middle floor Persuade to see if that would fix it, and it doesn't! I don't know what else can be causing the water to slowly leak into the bowl from the tank.

I've left this toilet turned off now, because of it (tank level drops an inch maybe every 10 minutes).

Please, I'm at my wits' end! :(

I have the same problem and need to figure his out. I noticed that the rubber gasket attached to the bottom of the flushing mechanism has developed bubbles in it, like blisters and I think this is preventing a complete seal. I haven't been able to remove this gasket from the flushing assembly. Do I need to buy a new entire mechanism instead of just replacing this gasket?
By the way, as others have mentioned, this toilet was a royal pain in the butt to install. I am not a pro plumber, but I know my way around toilets and this was just bad design and execution. Like others have mentioned, the supply line going into the side was odd and the plastic grommet snaps into the opening never has fit correctly. I would never buy this toilet again.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
bmdc_05.jpg

Looking inside the Persude tank.

bmdc_07.jpg

New bowls have 1.5" of space which helps to clear the floor molding.
The shutoff should be 8" to the left of center.
This one was at 5.5" which would have hit the bowl. We had to use and angled stop, cut into the wall.
It would have been nice to know beforehand. We could have moved the shutoff location before the painters came in.

bmdc_04.jpg

Like many dual flush bowls, not much water there.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks