Toto Carlyle vs. Toto Aquia

Users who are viewing this thread

baf0

Reaction score
After spending many interesting hours learning about toilets on Terry's site and this forum, I've narrowed my toilet decision down to the Toto Carlyle or the Toto Aquia. Is there any reason to go with one over the other (other than price, installation differences, and dual-flush options)? This will be a replacement toilet in an existing tiled bathroom.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Carlyle on tile.
one-piece design
Needs 4 holes drilled through the tile.
Skirted bowl
CEFIONTECT for easier cleaning
Flush of 1.6 gpf
comes with seat
Water supply needs to be 7" to the left of center.

Aquia on tile,
bowl and tank.
Needs 6 holes drilled through the tile.
Takes a little more time for the installation.
Skirted bowl
Dual flush of 0.9 or 1.6 gpf
Saves more water, less water in bowl
seat is ordered separately
Water supply can be 3" to the left of center.

Most spec sheets mention 8" to the left of center for the water supply.

Plumbing-RA

Reaction score
...Aquia...
Water supply can be 3" to the left of center....
Old thread, but seemed the best place for this question. With the water supply 3" left of center won't that put the valve in a difficult to reach position, or even possibly interfering with the toilet skirt? The following pic helps to show this, along with the knowledge that the skirt is 5" from center and will be about 4" or so off the wall (or so I hear from another post).

aquia3_back_bowl.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks