(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Basic PEX manifold question ...

Default Basic PEX manifold question ...

So, Help me understand the differance between a Pex Manifold thats open on both ends and the closed ended types. I'm not certain I understand the supply and return components of the pex manifold. Can anyone shed some light?

Quote Originally Posted by jpb116 View Post
    So, Help me understand the differance between a Pex Manifold thats open on both ends and the closed ended types. I'm not certain I understand the supply and return components of the pex manifold. Can anyone shed some light?
    The ones with the open ends is for running your house main through the top and out the bottom to the water heater, or another manifold. You can also add more sections to the bottom if needed. That is if the brand you are using lets you do that.
    I'm just starting to work with an old friend of mine to bring solar electric and hot water systems, wind turbines, Flex Fuel Boilers, batteries, hydroponic gardening, books, pellet grills and more. Also the parts for DIY installation.

Default Pex

Open ones are expandable and the last one is either a closed version or the opening is capped.