Vertical drain drop from toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

hanktr

Reaction score
I'm installing two back-to-back toto drake toilets and have been told by toto technical staff that they may not work properly with my 50 year old opposed cast iron tee. A double combination wye was suggested.

Can I come directly from the closet flange to the wye with a 1/8th bend at the closet flange?

I read in one place on-line, Plumber's Handbook, that even below a toilet, the max vertical drop is 24 inches, just like a sink trap.

I know a 45 degree wye is not a vertical drop, but it is not a 90 degree, either. Is this code? Will I violate code, or have plumbing issues if I go straight to the 4 inch stack with the 45 combo wye?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
toilets

The first thing to understand is that if you use a Y and 1/8 bend, double Y and two eighth bends, or a double combination Y-1/8 bend, your toilet opening(s) is/are going to be a lot more than 12" from the wall. You need a double fixture fitting that is similar to a double combo, but narrower so it does set the toilets at the proper distance.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks